Sunday, April 30, 2006

Counting Scars

I now have a grand total of seven TC-related sites (one of which, the port-a-cath, was actually used twice). Four are from this last trip to have the lung thingy removed.

I'm feeling pretty good, not even using my Norco/Vicodin/Lortab/Zydone pills very often. I take two tylenol as needed, and that's usually when I've pushed myself and feel tired more than anything else. There's a nice sized bruise among the incision sites, and a couple of them are a bit puffy still.

I'm more or less eating what I want and trying to take it easy. Today I had a pretty full plate: sunday school and church, lunch out, and a picnic for my singing group. Even with a 1-1/2 hour nap thrown in, I was still worn out after returning home from the picnic.

We're waiting for the gurus at IU to contact my local treatment team to see how we proceed. The probable options are continued surveillance or salvage chemotherapy. Salvage chemo (has a cheery ring to it, doesn't it?) generally describes of the second-line chemotherapy response to a relapse from a remission. In TC patients, it's usually VeIP (vinblastine, ifosfamide, and cisplatin).

I hate waiting. I don't know what the result will be; I'm hoping for continued surveillance, but we'll see what happens. Just a speed bump.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vinny has learned patience to inth degree! He should be encouraged by those of us who he has demonstrated his repeated support and patience. Take it easy and holler loudly for help.

D.C.