Friday, August 19, 2005

Happy Birthday to Me!

So tomorrow I turn 35. I suppose once you reach 30 only birthdays evenly divisible by 10 count as major events. It's been a hell of an interesting year so far, much more exciting than I would have ever imagined.

The birthday celebrations have started and are expected to continue at least into the middle of next week. Had lunch with a friend today who's going through his own version of hell right now. Tonight is the local Relay For Life (actually the Relay Replay, since the first was canceled for inclement weather), where I'll get to walk the cancer survivors' lap and get a free dinner. I haven't decided which shirt to wear: "Cancer Can Kiss My Ass" or "kcuf recnac".

Tomorrow a friend has invited us to a progressive dinner-cum-drunken croquet party. I have no idea what it will be like. The Rev. will not be participating in the drunken part due to the whole church-on-Sunday business.

No plans for Sunday at present, maybe a nice dinner.

Monday I'll be flying, maybe with a new birthday present (I'm pretty sure it won't be a new plane, though). Then I have a urologist appointment (woo-hoo)! Monday night is the first rehearsal of the season for the chorale.

Sounds like an exciting weekend, no? I don't think so either. However, it beats the first half of the year. I can handle a little less excitement.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You say it's your 35th birthday,

It's my 35th birthday too, yeah!

Ted