Thursday, January 17, 2008

I don't know...

I don't know what other mothers think about as the give their baby their "night night" bottle, but this one often thinks about and says a prayer for her son's "tummy mommy". I wonder what she is doing. Is she safe? Is she wondering about us? Does she know how much I love her and wish only the best for her?

As Zane wrings his hands over his bottle and clutches his "lovey" (fancy word for burb rag) to his face I marvel at the little man she created and placed into my arms.

I wonder if other moms contemplate the whys and hows their child is placed into their arms, or if that is something that is taken for granted when you haven't had to walk this particular route to parenthood.

Zane is only 9 1/2 months old. I was so nervous when he came into our lives. Today I'm more comfortable and enjoying every moment. They have already gone so fast!

One thing I do know: we are completely head over heels about this kid.
I mean, what's not to love?:


His daddy is clearly smitten!

(such a Daddy's boy!)

And: he had his 9 mo check up yesterday. We've clearly been pointing the camera in his face too much. When the doc went to look in his eyes with the light thingy, he sprouted a toothy grin. Can you say ham? He's doing great by the way, it was a particularly good visit as we didn't leave with him whimpering from any shots! We then got to go to Daddy's dr.'s office to visit the chemo nurses and say good bye before we head north next month. Mommy went to the dr. today, it's our "tour of health" before we move; we have dentist appointments the week before we go...

Peace,
Sarah

0 comments: