Tuesday, June 24, 2008

in the future....

When you see cuts and bruises (casts are only around the corner) on my child, please know that while I delight in him exploring his world, I do not encourage him to climb as high as he can nor do I gleefully watch him navigate a playground's many levels and decide to jump from on high.
Some of what I'm talking about:


































Because this is often the result:




That's not a "bloody nose" but a cut under his nose(?!). He got it while falling off the ledge he was walking along. I was close by, I fear I made it worse by trying to keep him from falling....but I digress.






As a mommy friend said to him this morning in the park after he fell and got the cut under his nose, "Zane, at least your black eye has healed up!" Yes, he ran into a table at full speed about a week ago and gave himself a beautiful shiner.












Then there are the times when he's all sweet and mostly helpful:




Of course right now he's spreading Cheez-its all over the floor and stomping on them.
A day in the life!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you hide a helmet under the hat!