Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Hitting the Big Time

Well, this is the break we've been waiting for. I am pleased to announce that the state newspaper for United Methodists did a two-page article on blogs, and The Rev and I got our own half-page sidebar on our blogging contribution. Woo-hoo!

Man, the visitors should start pouring in anytime now!

Anytime now...

Seriously, I will be watching the stats over the next week or so to see if there is any appreciable increase, but I can't imagine there are that many net-savvy Methodists who 1) read this paper and 2) are interested enought to take a look. The average circulation of the bi-weekly is 6,000 (out of a claimed total church membership of 176,000) and it goes primarily to pastors and local church leaders. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

For those of you interested in reading, here's that issue of the conference newspaper. The blog story is on the front page; our story is on page 6A.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, here is your first surprise. I read the Conference Reporter and the Missouri Review in their entirety every issue. I have not done any blogging before, but I found the articles quite interesting and your story inspiring. so here I am...

I am taking a trip to Israel in March and want to set up a blog for while I am gone to share with my friends. So I need to learn.

Dor in Nixa

Andy B. said...

I wonder if the next edition will have an article about our blog posts about the article they wrote about our blogs?
;)
Andy B.